NICKEL 0.00% $12,675 nickel futures

Exactly, so ALB didn't do so bad despite the...

1. RKS
    573 Posts.
    Exactly, so ALB didn't do so bad despite the announcement.

Actually, the announcement wasn't as bad as some are saying as most of the current conditions were already known from previous announcements which is why I thought it wasn't that bad. Temporarily closing the less productive northern shaft to concentrate on the richer southern shaft will decrease output, yes, but it will also decrease costs.

The rest was just the usual cap-in-hand for money - that isn't new. So any price movement should be in response to that alone (plus market conditions and Nickel spot price ie only modestly off what other similar sized producers suffered).

But I didn't enjoy being put back in my box just when I was starting to have some fun - this market has been a real kill-joy (and kill-job, and kill-profit, and ....)

On a lighter note, I was discussing a potential blood pressure problem with my doctor. After doing some home tests we discovered that my blood pressure was going up and down with the market (inversely, of course). He told me that a lot of his patients had to go back to work after retiring in 2007. And then with a look of puzzlement come curiosity (he knew I dabbled) he said, with out a hint of Irony
    "and many of them are financial advisors".

I didn't laugh out loud but felt much better about dropping a bundle last year (I had a wide portfolio, which did not help one bit - ALB was actually one of the ones I made a profit on despite its fall).

Robert

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.