NICKEL 0.00% $12,675 nickel futures

Nobody picked the drop in commodities, and all of them fell (not...

1. RKS
    573 Posts.
    Nobody picked the drop in commodities, and all of them fell (not just Nickel). As I recall there were a number of experts pricing in an Oil Price of $200/barrel by now.

So I wouldn't judge anyone by a failure to predict the commodity price.

Anyway, I was only showing that the price was not as volatile as some were saying.

As for WSA, it fell by 73% from highs of $11.80 to a low of $2.80, currently $3.80 (+35.7% from its low)

IGO fell 86% from a high of $9.20 to a low of $1.30. Currently at $2.09 (+60.8% from its low)

ALB fell 98.5% from a high of around $5.10 to a low of 7.5c
    It is currently at 18c (+140% from its low)

So, which one is performing the best on the uptick??

After returning to their recent highs (all three securities have a similar pattern over the past week with a high followed by a downturn with the suddenly lower Nickel Price):
    WSA will have put on 11.8%
    IGO will have put on 18.8%
    ALB will have put on 47%

So who is going to make serious money on the uptick - remember, all three are following the same Share price pattern, more or less tracking the Nickel SP. (now back where it was when I last posted, but had risen above $5 in the interim).

Yes, people lost a lot more money on the ALB fall, but they will make a lot more on its rise. So if you didn't lose on the fall, you could make a real killing by taking the profit on ALB's precipitous rise.

Robert

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.