nigerian scammers

1. 852 Posts.
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is in business on the internet and is a Merchant selling goods.

We received an email from this guy requesting pricing and shipping details for a number of our unusual products ($6000 worth) to be shipped over to Nigeria. He would send his Credit card details once he got the shipping details together with the cost.

NIGERIA !!!! Alarm Bells started ringing. OK! Perhaps this guy could be genuine. LIVE IN HOPE !!!
    I rang the NAB fraud squad
    just to check what my responsibilities and accountability was, if it was to turn out to be a stolen credit card. What I was told, even though the transaction may go through as "APPROVED" and funds go into our A/C, if the card turns out to be stolen at some stage down the track we would be held liable. He also mentioned that there are safeguards that we can take to prevent it from happening. He also mentioned to me that many small merchants in particular take big risks not knowing thier full accountability. Would be interested in your feedback and past experiences.

Cheers

Markco

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.