QAN 2.65% $6.98 qantas airways limited

nil confidence in the ceo, page-11

1. 186 Posts.
    I don't think you will need to go out of your way to protest vote, there are about 20000 staff members of Qantas who are also shareholders.

All you need to ask yourself was;
    where was the talking points about what he has planned for Qantas mainline itself the other day. There was nothing except deferred (read cancelled) aircraft orders and cancelling flights.

If you need any further guidance as to why staff, union snd commentators (except edumicated business types) don't believe the strategy or necessarily believe that jetstar is the profitable powerhouse they make it out to be, go back 6 months to their half year report

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/investors/2010HYMediaRelease.pdf

In that Alan Joyce is quoted in saying on page 2 of the HY Report:

Mr Joyce said all operating segments of the Qantas Group were profitable for the half-year ended 31
    December 2010, delivering significant EBIT growth.

So if that's the case, since then Qantas international has remarkably lost $200million in 6 months. That is quite a remarkable turnaround.

Begs the question, was Alan Joyce telling the truth in the HY report when he was quoted stating all segments were profitable ?

I think VBA share are a better option anyway, you have the person running the airline that Qantas should NEVER have dropped. Borghetti is by his actions and words an excellent leader. He has cornered Qantas in its own playground. VBA has better connections east and west of Australia, all within a very short period of time of him taking over.

But if anyone else has shares, feel free to voice your opinion in the form of a protest to the board. There's not much chance it will get up but it may send quite a signal that all is not well with the rest of us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.