NEC 0.40% $1.25 nine entertainment co. holdings limited

Nine Entertainment Strategic Valuation, page-2

1. 7,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110
    For myself NEC is starting to look interesting from an investors point of view.

Structurally I would hypothesize that NEC is the best of business quality from the basket of listed Australian traditional media assets.

Nine entertainment owns:

Channel Nine (2nd best behind channel 7)

Traditional print media: SMH, The Age, Financial Review: after government mandated review sharing with google etc, life has become a bit easier for traditional print media. Regardless of personal political views, SMH and the Age are significant traditional print media assets (and to be fair, their digitisation as effectively meant that physical news paper print is not that important anymore, when was the last time we bought a physical newspaper, but we still view the digital versions!!!). Financial review is unique and very profitable.

Digital properties: nine.com.au, 9 honey, Car advice etc

Radio: talk back radio (which I think will continue to have a competitive advantage, people like engagement, and being stuck in a car, well most the channels I listen to are talk back radio).

Domain: 2nd best of the oligopoly behind Real Estate.com.au

Stan: their pay to view

But one of the key in my opinion to the long term underlying structural value, is the ability to cross advertise accross their national platforms simultaneously. This is very valuable for advertisers trying to reach out in an omni channel approach.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
0.005(0.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.974B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.24 $1.25 $1.23 $3.534M 2.850M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 81338 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 28326 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.