NEC 5.16% $1.33 nine entertainment co. holdings limited

I sold out of Nine quite a long time ago and well over $2 with...

1. 1,748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2097
    I sold out of Nine quite a long time ago and well over $2 with the proceeds to raise cash for other opportunities. It was a good investment for a long time but no longer served a purpose for me.

I was today notified by HC that someone did a like on one of my Nine posts, which has brought me back to this thread to revisit a blast from the past.

Interestingly, a couple of years ago I wanted the price under $1.50 and suggested it would be an opportunity to buy. Now that it is much lower than that, and I don't hold it, I am not as excited as I once was. Most investors react the same way, once they have moved on.

If I know myself, I will passively watch the price languish for another 6 months, relentlessly eating away at the hopes and confidence of owners. I expect the share price may drift even lower. While anything could happen between now and then, and I may miss the boat, it will not bother me, I don't have a FOMO reflex in my body and certainly do not revisit past my errors with regret.

I may be interested in the next 1/2 yearly in February, 2025 to revisit my view of the business. I still love the publishing arm and Stan but the old core media business, like the SMH/Age "rivers of gold" have evaporated. In a recession, advertising spend will be hit and thus so will profits.

Good luck to all holders still hanging fat. I have been there many times.

I believe the basis of a sound business appears intact but the excitement of growth prospects are lacking.

Rarely do I ever post on a stock I don't own, but as a former holder, I am happy to contribute my modest thoughts. They are neither up or down ramping, just observations of a once vibrant business model, bouncing along the bottom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.33
Change
0.065(5.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.101B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.28 $1.34 $1.27 $6.707M 5.086M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 69815 $1.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.33 31881 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.