XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

nine lives - black dot thursday

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Morning trendsetters

Albany Car Classic

Started in 1936 and is one of only two 'around the houses' events in Australia.

Thanks Disco for cranking up the Zoomba whilst Chantelle and I were barreling down Albany Highway to our little gem in the South West of the boom state - Albany.

Speaking of boom, I see Mr Swan was blushing with self pride with the latest growth figures. We salute your untiring vigilance in encouraging and supporting our mining industry. Well done treasurer, hats off. I can't imagine the growth the mining sector could have had with a mining friendly parliamentry alliance.

Still, even though you Easties must be thinking we are raking it in over here, relax, we aren't. Yes, the FIFO's have a few bucks and that has been what has saved many businesses.

Economic observations

I mentioned last year that three out of every four customers we have walk through our shop door, are fifo's or are in mining related industries...it's still the same this year. Cripes knows how Vic, NSW and Tas manage without them.

Of course FIFOS have tough lives. Andrew from Perth and Cyclic High are Fly-in fly-outers. FIFO's are away from family and support, work long hours and have to pay too much tax. We need people to be able to relocate easily to where the long term jobs are...and spread the wealth.

Costello chopped FID and BAD taxes. Remember those insidious monthly fees? As he said 'To enable free transfer of capital to where it is most needed' COSTELLO

Instead of moving capital, we need to allow people to relocate cheaply. Greedy and exhorbitant stamp duty not only makes relocating an economic nightmare, it effectively steals multiple years worth of after tax salary out of the back pocket. Double tax. Get rid of it and we won't have to import workers. We will have a more flexible workforce that can relocate to where the jobs are, cheaply.

Speaking of cheap. Our XJO'er of the day is VERY cheap on our thread. Does it for a spoonful of whiskers really

Nine Lives

'Bluey, I have to say that is one fine looking black dot. Yeah baby !! Nine lives

Referring to the Venus transit yesterday of course.

As to who he/she really is, we don't know. He/she could be just a cat. Tell us a few personal titbits Niney.

In the mean time, good on you fellas with the fortitude to hang on through the gloom.

Happy trading pallies.

PS - 9 Lives, your last cranker day was 'nine live's - full moon fever - wednesday'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.