SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

niobrara drilling process, page-3

1. OMR
    1,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Here's a few bits of info from the boys on Yahoo following on the Niobrara theme, especially the heavy rain mentioned in your article Acreage.

Dlotto, commenting on the bad weather

Well, the seismic crew buried a couple trucks in our muck and maier. The ruts are about three feet deep and four feet wide. They sunk those trucks down to the oil pan. lol. I went to take pictures. They had about 15 guys with rakes, shovels, etc. Oh, and a few guys watching. I am not mad at all I just feel sorry for those guys. Heavy muck clay=no fun. They should be glad it is not 100 degrees and the deer flies aren't out yet!! I am glad I am not on that crew!

Studythosestocks, in response to an article posted by Rspen

Hope you don't mind me bringing it directly to the message board Rspen:
    "The Goshen Hole uplift is a little recognized and sparsely explored feature in the northern end of the Denver-Julesburg basin. The authors believe there is excellent hydrocarbon potential on the uplift principally in Cretaceous (Hygiene, Niobrara, Wall Creek, Muddy, Dakota), Jurassic (Canyon Springs), Permian and Pennsylvanian objectives. There are diverse stratigraphic anomalies observed on seismic data in these horizons as well as numerous paleostructures. Basement tests are approximately in the 10,000 to 11,000 ft range. The uplift has had recurrent movement since the Pennsylvanian; however, a period of uplifting occurred in the Upper Cretaceous beginning by at least early Campanian time with intermittent uplift in the Cenozoic. There are numerous subsurface shows and source beds in Paleozoic and Mesozoic horizons and oil seeps on the uplift which enhance the exploration potential of this area."

Yep, I think Mountain Energy/SSN/HAL will make a pretty nice team. Isn't it interesting that what they said way back in the 80's is being confirmed by the much more sensitive/specific 3-D that we just performed a few months back! As many have said already to you Dlotto, keep up the excellent reporting.

Dlotto, on similar topic ie Enterprise is pumping again.

The well was going up and down and no fire was coming out the stack.I can't say for sure what they were doing, but it was pumping.

According to the geologists from Devon and Chesapeake the Goshen Hole Uplift is a completely unique area of the Niobrara. They said it does not have the same characteristics as the area by Cheyenne, the Wattenberg and other areas of the Niobrara.

Also, if you read the initial plans of Chesapeake and Samson their plan for oil transport is to use the Ft. Laramie terminal. However, they ruined the road between Lingle and Veteran, so they have to take the long way around.

Cheers OMR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.