nissan partol turbo 3 ltr, page-26

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

Hi thalweg, hope you get this. Thanks for your reply and forgive tardy response. I got sin-binned and then was somewhat tied up.
    My 4.2 uses no oil, which is good, and runs cool regardless of air temp. Re using a good oil, I've been using Castrol and changing it every 5000 km. Then, someone told me Castrol isnt all its cracked up to be, so I'll try that Dello 400 you mention.
    Agree with you on the drive train. Went through 8 rear diffs on a HJ75 traversing sand hill country fully loaded. Spider cross sheering, mainly. Never heard of a Patrol diff failing.
    Re Landcruiser V8, have a relly whose company ute is suffering compression loss in a few cylinders at 200,000 odd km. Was told this happens frequently & the solution is a new engine at $30,000 !!!! Wouldnt touch one. Plus, some have probs with the CV joints.

One more question.....was thinking of having diesel/LPG injection fitted for extra range/economy. Also keeps the engine free of carbon. Know anyone who has tried this on a 4.2 Turbo? Sounds great in theory, but wouldnt want to blow up my engine 600k's from anywhere.

All the best for Xmas & the New Year.

cheers
    GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.