GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

Gunns have today a media release on their website which hasn't...

1. 328 Posts.
    Gunns have today a media release on their website which hasn't been released to the market:

"The George River Water Quality Panel has found there are no water quality issues in the George River.

These findings give a clean bill of health for treated drinking water to the local community, ruling out fears of a cancer cluster in the St Helens area, pesticides in the water as well as Eucalyptus nitens toxicant issues for local oyster growers.

The bottom line is that there is no indication that the treated water is not safe to drink at St Helens

In essence the panel found that the river foam samples that were referred to in the Australian Story report broadcast by the ABC in February this year were not representative of the naturally occurring water in the George River

Panel Spokesperson and Water Quality Expert, Dr Graeme Batley

http://gunns.com.au/Content/uploads/documents/Media%20Releases%202010/2010%2006%2029%20Announcement%20-%20Gunns%20Welcomes%20George%20River%20Water%20Quality%20Panel%20Findings.pdf

The ABC's two part Australian Story, "Something in the Water" has now been absolutely discredited by the Expert Panel set up to investigate the claims made by the program. Well done ABC and producer Wendy Page. Tasmania has now wasted around $1M on this wild goose chase. I want my 8 cents a day back!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.