LYC 0.24% $6.30 lynas rare earths limited

nix lynas plant, says doctors� association, page-40

1. 18,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    re: nix lynas plant, says doctors� asso... Omgwen3rds

Thankyou for your kind words. Of course, you're totally right. It is important to also get the other side of the coin, as long as the opinion relied on is not a twist on the facts to suit the poster's purpose.

I note I was moderated - probably deserved it, as I had a bad feeling as soon as I pressed the button. Good lesson there;
    note to myself and stressed by you: "don't get emotional about any post, try and assess it with a cool head. If real concerns are raised, do further research, but don't shoot the messenger!"

I check on this forum, but I am also subscribed to a REE blog which posts factual information on the development of various REE companies around the world and the powerplays that are beginning around this very important resource.

Because REEs are such an important resource and production is still restricted to China there is a mad scramble for REEs beginning around the world and dirty fighting is part of that. New political alliances are in their infant stages (Russia has just approached Germany with offers of Gas supplies and REEs, Hitachi Metals will begin manufacturing neodymium-based magnets in China from 2013 - note to myself: the Chinese want the Japanese company and knowhow over there, why wouldn't the Malaysians feel the same about Lynas?). Americans are waking up to the importance of REEs, with REE industry associations being formed, exploration for REEs beginning to happen in the country (Alaska) and as an indication how they see their motor industry developing, there is right now a 'Plug-in' exhibition in North Carolina, showing latest plug-in gadgets for recharging electric vehicles (Neodymium!!).

Still no active REE processing facilities around the world, apart from China (monopoly of over 97% of world REE supply) and the one still-to-be-refurbished by Molycorp.

Taking all these factors into consideration, I cannot see that Malaysians would allow this historic opportunity to take part in the wealth-building opportunities flowing from REEs and from hosting a large chemical plant (even though tax-free for 12 years), with its attendant employment, education, interchange of know-how and trading opportunities to pass them by.

Timing is of the essence, however, and this is where we need to update our information.

Cheers

Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.30
Change
0.015(0.24%)
Mkt cap ! $5.865B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.39 $6.39 $6.25 $7.515M 1.192M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 11435 $6.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.30 38630 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.02pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.