LYC 0.29% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

re: nix lynas plant, says doctors� asso... Dr. Cardosa using...

1. 191 Posts.
    re: nix lynas plant, says doctors� asso... Dr. Cardosa using Lynas? She is not the only MMA member. I suggest to take the Malaysians and their lives a little more serious.

http://malaysia-today.net/mtcolumns/letterssurat/40198-the-case-against-lynas

The problem is: after the experiences with existing plants - Bukit Merah in Malaysia - nobody can rule out radiation and various other toxic consequences impacting people living close to the plant.

This was confirmed by the rather sarcastic statement from the AELB-official Adnan this week:

"We will see whether there is any increase of people afflicted with radiation-linked diseases or cancer."

I doubt that there are many users here that would like to hear that statement referring to the neighborhood they live in with their families.

Don't forget: Bukit Merah was CLOSED because of public protests. I would be very surprised if a pre-operational license would be issued before the next general elections.
    This would imply that this decision can last until 2013, depending upon when the elections are scheduled.

I read a lot about my "agenda" or "motives" here.

Like most of stock forum users, I'm here to make money. While most users here seem to be long, I decided to hedge my REE long investment by shorting LYC due to a extremely high valuation of over 3 billion $ with no income and a couple of other fundamental reasons:

- CEO selling shares
    - bank selling shares
    - no pre-operational license yet
    - political headwinds
    - construction problems confirmed by contractors
    - additional costs due to delay likely
    - additional costs due to required safety expenses / waste management likely
    - further funding likely

It is not illegal to short a stock. It is my right to discuss the risks of a stock. If this is too much for some, simply ignore me.

I believe that being aware of both, risks AND chances is the best approach to become a successful investor. Every critic with arguments should be welcome IMO. I do appreciate these posters on my long investments as well.

regards
    Julia

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.87 $16.72M 2.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5820 $6.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 15020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.