NML 0.00% 1.9¢ navarre minerals limited

Nml, page-25

1. 964 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 311
    CSIRO RESEARCH PREDICTS NEW GOLD TARGETS
    AT STAWELL CORRIDOR GOLD PROJECT, VICTORIA
    AIR-CORE DRILLING TO TEST LANGI LOGAN TARGETS COMMENCES LATER THIS WEEK

▪ Navarre and Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, have completed a collaborative research project
    at the Stawell Corridor Gold Project in western Victoria.

▪ Prior research on the nearby 4Moz Magdala gold deposit in Stawell has provided a deep understanding
    of the structural evolution of a multi-million ounce gold system which has been used as a template to
    predict where gold mineralisation may occur on other basalt domes within the Stawell Corridor.

▪ The research project has used the latest advanced technologies, including supercomputer-based
    simulations of deformation-fluid flow transport processes involved in the formation of gold deposits, to
    highlight drill targets on the flanks of the Irvine and Langi Logan basalt domes.

▪ Air-core drill testing of CSIRO’s predicted targets will commence at Langi Logan this week.

▪ Navarre is fully funded to test CSIRO targets with a current cash balance of approximately $12 million.
    Navarre Minerals Limited (ASX: NML) (“Navarre” or “the Company”) is pleased to report that a collaborative
    research program with Australia’s national science agency,CSIRO Mineral Resources Division, hasidentified several
    new sites prospective for gold mineralisation along the flanks of the Irvine and Langi Logan basalts within
    Navarre’s 100%-owned Stawell Corridor Gold Project (Figure 1). These prospective areas will be subject to
    new drilling programs commencing later this week.
    Funding of the research project was supported by a grant from the Australian Government’s Department of
    Industry, Innovation and Science through the Innovation Connections scheme of the Entrepreneurs’
    Programme, with the remaining funding provided by Navarre.
    Navarre’s Managing Director, Mr Ian Holland, said today:
    “Navarre is excited with the outcome from its collaboration with the CSIRO in cutting-edge, innovative
    research on our flagship Stawell Corridor Gold Project. Our Stawell Corridor Gold Project contains at least
    seven potential “Magdala” analogues in a 70km long tenement package south of and on-strike of Stawell’s
    4Moz Magdala Gold Mine.
    Magdala’s gold mineralisation is believed to have resulted from periods of high fluid flow during episodes of
    high strain.
    The research has identified several new target areas prospective for gold mineralisation at our Irvine and
    Langi Logan basalt dome prospects which we are planning to drill test.”
    N a v a r r e M i n e r a l s L i m i t e d ( N M L ) A S X A n n o u n c e m e n t P a g e | 2
    Navarre Minerals Limited | ABN 66 125 140 105
    40 - 44 Wimmera Street | PO Box 385 | Stawell VIC 3380 Australia
    t +61 3 5358 8625
    e [email protected] | w navarre.com.au
    Figure 1: Navarre’s Stawell Corridor Gold Project in western Victoria.
    The research project has successfully used the latest advanced technologies to identify broad areas of
    potential high fluid flow around the basalt dome structures within Navarre’s Stawell Corridor Gold Project.
    The aim of the research was to reduce the search space by predicting areas of potential concealed gold
    mineralisation for direct drill testing.
    Irvine Basalt Dome
    Modelling of the Irvine basalt dome, using the compression directions responsible for the formation of the
    Magdala gold deposit, shows the highest fluid flow and most dilation occurs in four main areas around the
    flanks of the Irvine basalt dome: on moderately dipping sections of the east and west flanks; and on the
    north and south plunging ends of the basalt dome.
    A modelled principal compression direction of SSE-NNW was found to be the most consistent orientation
    for mineralisation to form in the position of Resolution Lode, which is important given the geometry of the
    basalt is more constrained by drilling in this area. Resolution Lode occurs at the northern tapered end of
    the Irvine basalt dome (Figures 2 & 3).
    Modelling under a range of compression directions, specifically E-W and SSE-NNW, is predicting an
    additional target on the western flank of the Irvine dome where there has been limited previous shallow
    drilling (Figures 2 & 3). This area will be investigated with a view to drill testing in the coming months.
    N a v a r r e M i n e r a l s L i m i t e d ( N M L ) A S X A n n o u n c e m e n t P a g e | 3
    t +61 3 5358 8625

Figure 2: Location of Resolution and Adventure lodes on the flanks of the Irvine basalt dome (yellow) with
    historical alluvial gold workings. Predicted target area on the western flank is outlined in blue.
    New Target Area
    N a v a r r e M i n e r a l s L i m i t e d ( N M L ) A S X A n n o u n c e m e n t P a g e | 4
    t +61 3 5358 8625
    Figure 3: Perspective view showing new predicted area of prospective gold mineralisation modelled on
    the western flank of the Irvine basalt dome using E-W compression.
    Langi Logan Basalt Dome
    Modelling of the basalt bodies in the Langi Logan area show that varying the basalt dome shape and its
    orientation can have a significant effect on the locations of increased dilation and fluid flow. Generally, the
    findings are similar for the Irvine basalt, where the plunging ends and moderately dipping flanks of the
    domes account for the areas of highest dilation most prospective for gold mineralisation (Figure 4). As the
    plunge of dome is normally north or south, SSE-NNW directed deformation allows for these areas to deform
    and dilate the most.
    The northern end of the Langi Logan basalt dome and the northwest flank, specifically, will be targeted in
    an air-core drilling program planned to commence in early October (Figures 4 & 5). The NW flank of the
    Langi Logan North basalt dome is located under shallow cover and presents the earliest opportunity to test
    the CSIRO models.
    N a v a r r e M i n e r a l s L i m i t e d ( N M L ) A S X A n n o u n c e m e n t P a g e | 5
    t +61 3 5358 8625
    Figure 4: Langi Logan basalt modelling results showing predicted gold mineralisation targets on the
    northwest flank of the Langi Logan North basalt dome.
    The CSIRO research project was led by Dr Peter Schaubs, Team Leader (3D Structural Geology and
    Numerical Modelling) who is an accomplished structural geologist with intimate knowledge of Victorian
    gold deposits.
    Navarre considers there is significant potential to apply computer simulation not only for high-grade gold
    mineralisation at depth at Irvine and Langi Logan but also for the five other basalt dome targets yet to be
    appraised within the Stawell Corridor Gold Project. This is another example of Navarre’s innovative
    approach in reducing the time and cost of exploration by minimising ground disturbance with smart
    geology and targeted drilling.
    Innovation Connections is part of the Australian Government’s Department of Industry, Innovation and
    Science Entrepreneurs’ Programme aimed to drive business growth and competitiveness by supporting
    business improvement and research collaboration in targeted growth sectors. CSIRO has a history and
    track record of innovation working with the gold sector.
    This announcement has been approved for release by the Board of Directors of Navarre Minerals Limited.
    – ENDS –
    For further information, please visit www.navarre.com.au or contact:
    Ian Holland
    Managing Director
    Navarre Minerals
    E: [email protected]
    T: +61 (0)3 5358 8625
    N a v a r r e M i n e r a l s L i m i t e d ( N M L ) A S X A n n o u n c e m e n t P a g e | 6
    t +61 3 5358 8625

Figure 5: Plan of Langi Logan basalt dome showing new target area in blue from modelling of the north
    dome.
    New Target Area
    N a v a r r e M i n e r a l s L i m i t e d ( N M L ) A S X A n n o u n c e m e n t P a g e | 7
    t +61 3 5358 8625
    Competent Person Declaration
    The information in this release that relates to Exploration Targets, Exploration Results, Mineral Resources or Ore Reserves
    is based on information compiled by Shane Mele, who is a Member of The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
    and who is Exploration Manager of Navarre Minerals Limited. Mr Mele has sufficient experience which is relevant to the
    style of mineralisation and type of deposit under consideration, and to the activity which he is undertaking, to qualify as
    a Competent Person as defined in the 2012 Edition of the ‘Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral
    Resources and Ore Reserves’. Mr Mele consents to the inclusion in the release of the matters based on his information in
    the form and context in which it appears.
    Forward-Looking Statements
    This announcement contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of securities laws of applicable
    jurisdictions. Forward-looking statements can generally be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as
    “may”, “will”, “expect”, “intend”, “plan”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “continue”, “objectives”, “outlook”,
    “guidance” or other similar words, and include statements regarding certain plans, strategies and objectives of
    management and expected financial performance. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown
    risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside the control of Navarre and any of its officers,
    employees, agents or associates. Actual results, performance or achievements may vary materially from any
    projections and forward-looking statements and the assumptions on which those statements are based. Exploration
    potential is conceptual in nature, there has been insufficient exploration to define a Mineral Resource and it is
    uncertain if further exploration will result in the determination of a Mineral Resource. Readers are cautioned not to
    place undue reliance on forward-looking statements and Navarre assumes no obligation to update such
    information.
    About Navarre Minerals Limited:
    Navarre Minerals Limited (ASX: NML) is an Australian-based gold exploration company focused on discovering
    large, long-life and high-grade gold deposits in under-explored areas of Victoria’s premier gold districts.
    Navarre is searching for gold deposits in an extension of a corridor of rocks that host the Stawell (~five million ounce)
    and Ararat (~one million ounce) goldfields (The Stawell Corridor Gold Project). The discovery of outcropping gold
    on the margins of the Irvine basalt dome and high-grade gold in shallow drilling at Langi Logan are a prime focus
    for the Company. These projects are located 20km and 40km respectively south of the operating 4Moz Stawell Gold
    Mine.
    The high-grade Tandarra Gold Project is located 50km northwest of Kirkland Lake Gold’s world-class Fosterville Gold
    Mine, and 40km north of the 22 million-ounce Bendigo Goldfield. Exploration at Tandarra, in Joint Venture with
    Catalyst Metals Limited (Navarre 49%), is targeting the next generation of gold deposits under shallow cover in the
    region.
    The Company is searching for high-grade gold at its St Arnaud Gold Project. Recent reconnaissance drilling has
    identified gold mineralisation under shallow cover, up to 5km north from the nearest historical mine workings, which
    the Company believes may be an extension of the 0.4Moz St Arnaud Goldfield.
    The Company is also targeting volcanic massive sulphide, epithermal and porphyry copper-gold deposits in the
    Stavely Arc volcanics. The Project area captures multiple polymetallic targets in three project areas including
    Glenlyle, Eclipse and Stavely. All properties are currently 100% owned apart from Stavely (EL 5425) which is subject
    to a farm-in agreement where Stavely Minerals Limited may earn an 80% interest by spending $0.45M over 5 years.
    At the Jubilee Gold Project, 25km southwest of LionGold’s Ballarat Gold Mine, the Company is undertaking a
    systematic exploration program targeting extensions and repetitions of historically mined transverse quartz reefs
    that bear similarity to the high-grade Swan – Eagle system at Fosterville.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NML (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.