HDR hardman resources limited

re: agip funding - for trender2 trender2good point about the...

1. 143 Posts.
    re: agip funding - for trender2 trender2

good point about the bank feeling secure enough over the value of the acreage to lend HDR $31M US.

do you know what term the $31M loan has though? I was under the impression it was more of a bridge than a long term loan, and that HDR will sometime this year either have to raise equity or long term financing to pay it down. Obviously if they could on-sell (say) 1/3 of the ENI acreage for same price as they bought the whole lot for, pay off the loan, and get the remaining 2/3 for free that would be attractive. Alternatively they could just raise $31M US via an equity issue, but that doesn't cover any of the drilling costs, so throw those in and you're talking a very substantial equity raising.

As for keeping the $31M debt in place and project financing Chinguetti as well - who would get first-ranking security? Surely the project financiers. In that case would the ANZ be happy with second-ranking security? I really doubt that.

My conclusion is that HDR will have to on-sell enough of the ENI acreage to pay down most of the $31M loan because that plus drilling costs would be too much to raise via a share issue, and it wouldn't be viable to keep the $31M debt in place AND project finance Chinguetti as well.

The question is how much more (per %age point) can they on-sell the ENI acreage for compared to what they paid for it? That will probably determine how much they get to keep.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.