QAN 0.28% $7.18 qantas airways limited

This calendar year I have taken 18 Virgin domestic flights and...

1. 536 Posts.
    This calendar year I have taken 18 Virgin domestic flights and not 1 on Qantas.

Many people I chat to share my views that if they have a viable alternative (in terms of costs) they will go out of their way not to spend money with Qantas.

The people who still do are those who for some reason feel locked into the FF program or their company pays for it or they are govermment employees.

The tie up with Emirates is suicide. The Qantas flights from Sydney and Melbourne arrive at early morning times and often there is a wait of 4 - 7 hours for European connections. One people have done this once, they will take an Emirates flight that has a better straight through cost / transfer scheduls with better service, cheaper prices and better food. Joyce has been totally mugged on this one.

So. Domestically, Virgin operates a cheaper and better service. Europe, Emirates will eat their lunch. West Coast US, Americans do it cheaper. China, they charge double the price of China Southern, Singapore... there is simply no comparison with Sing Airlines. Low Cost intra - Asia.... seriously... get real ... they are nowhere and cannot hope to compete with the cut price Asian people.

This company loses money and those who are buying the stock are buying hope and dreams.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.18
Change
0.020(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $11.22B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.16 $7.34 $7.13 $53.19M 7.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 31606 $7.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.20 9396 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.