LYC 0.26% $7.77 lynas rare earths limited

tototy,you asked.. .Do I believe for a moment that *if* the...

1. 3,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217

tototy,

you asked.. .Do I believe for a moment that *if* the opposition wins, they would close a working 1B plant ?

yes and no.

What I believe they would do :
    They would go through the motions at the very least of reviewing the safety... that I am ok with.

If they decide to put the TOL on ice while they do that review, then I am very uncomfortable with it.... this is not out of the question.

If they decide to reward the NGO's and opposition MP's who gave them the votes they may offer them seats on a new PSC ... you may as well then get a seat and make yourself comfortable as the PSC crawls it's way over every ince of cement, and counts every nail in the LAMP construction. I am 99% certain they will find something to drag this out as long as possible... that has always been the method of killing off the LAMP... through stafing the company from income.

The end result may indeed be that the LAMP is declared safe (after the new Gov. has made some kind of symbolic modifications and delayed it for many months)... but Lynas may be in recievership so the LAMP may be sold off to another company... (Chinese I bet).

All of this is worst case scenareo, but certainly not out of the question if the opposition win.

I am assured that win is highly unlikely... however I will rest easier once the elections are over.

Right now, with LAMP running, Lynas has the chance to prove it is safe... I would rather it took it's sweet time ensuring there are NO problems that SLSM & Co. can leverage as examples of poor standards or construction... all the pressure is now on Lynas to prove 100% safety which is a big ask i any factory let alone one which is still being ramped up and under the microscope.

My comment about insurance policy is more about the elections... it is not impossible that the opposition could win... i will accept that many feel it is highly unlikely, but how many of us thought the LAMP delay's and extreeme fear politics would be likely some 2 years ago ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.