ERA 0.00% 3.8¢ energy resources of australia limited

Hi everyone,Answering my own question ‘Has Julia made any firm...

1. 275 Posts.
    Hi everyone,

Answering my own question ‘Has Julia made any firm agreements with India’? (in case anyone is interested! ;-)

From the article’ PM backs nuclear talks with India’ (18.10.12)

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has praised Julia Gillard's efforts in reversing Labor's ban on uranium exports as the two leaders gave the go-ahead to start negotiations on a nuclear safeguards agreement.

In a symbolic mark of the closer relationship the two countries are seeking to develop, Ms Gillard and Dr Singh agreed on annual Prime Ministerial meetings, most likely at regional summits.
    Leaving for home late last night, Ms Gillard told a press conference she believed the irritants in the relationship had been dealt with and that she did not believe there were "any outstanding obstacles.”

Ms Gillard said last night that formal negotiations on a nuclear safeguards agreement, which would allow Australian uranium to be exported to India, “can begin now”. But she has made it clear that it will take a year or two, at least, for any agreement to be finalised, and for exports to begin.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/pm-backs-nuclear-talks-with-india-20121018-27s7f.html#ixzz2CDVwUgjr

From 'Joint Statement by Australian and Indian Prime Ministers’: (http://indianherald.com.au/blogs/harish_velji/joint-statement-by-australian-and-indian-prime-ministers, 23/10/2012)

15. Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh welcomed the decision of the Australian Government on uranium sales to India, noting that nuclear energy will play an important role in India’s future energy needs. The Prime Ministers announced that India and Australia would commence negotiations on a bilateral Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement which, for Australia, is a prerequisite for uranium sales to other countries.
    International security
    25. The Prime Ministers underlined the importance of achieving universal nuclear disarmament and of countering the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Prime Minister Ms Julia Gillard noted India’s sound non-proliferation record and expressed Australia’s recognition of the importance of India’s engagement with the four multilateral export control regimes with the objective of full membership. Both Prime Ministers agreed to annual bilateral non-proliferation and disarmament discussions at level of officials.

Conc: I believe everyone would agree that this is the good news for ERA even though it’s the long term planning and shareholders may need to wait for a little while for SP SIGNIFICANT increase!

P.S. Welcome back holders :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ERA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.