VHT 0.00% $1.15 volpara health technologies limited

Below I've pasted the article mentioned by arma9. Unfortunately...

1. 757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 102
    Below I've pasted the article mentioned by arma9. Unfortunately no name of VHT mentioned in the article, even so that this is the only company with approved technology to measure the breast density. Hopefully we will hear more about the company in the media in coming months as regulatory clearance to sell clinical systems in Australia is approaching.
    Study finds inflammation increases breast density, a key factor in breast cancer

The study has found that chronic low-level inflammation drives increased breast density and is associated with a higher risk of developing the disease. Picture: iStock
    New research has identified what causes increased breast density in women, identified as a key factor in breast cancer risk.
    The University of Adelaide has found that chronic low-level inflammation drives increased breast density and is associated with a higher risk of developing the disease.
    “With this research we believe we may be able to identify the women most at risk of inflammation-associated breast cancer through measuring their breast density and therefore identify those who will most benefit from anti-inflammatory treatment,” associate professor Wendy Ingman says.
    “Our ultimate aim is to save women’s lives, and our breast density research is helping us learn more about what drives this area of breast cancer risk to help inform preventive treatments.
    “The more we can understand the risks associated with breast cancer, the greater chance we have at treating each risk and preventing breast cancer from developing.” About eight per cent of women have extremely high breast density and are more likely to develop breast cancer.
    Professor Ingman said the next step was to conduct further studies into which treatments were best to dampen inflammation, and to look at the relationship between breast density and inflammation within a large group of women.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VHT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.