GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

no gold. no silver. just inflation & hotcakes

1. 24,765 Posts.
    "Before you start thinking that everyone is stupid, I met a guy named Art Arbutine, of BellaireCoins.com, and I casually asked him "How much gold are you selling these days?" and he surprisingly says "None."

Well, I used the word "surprisingly" precisely because this was kind of surprising to me, as I had been hearing that gold is selling like hotcakes, which is an expression that you don't hear much these days, probably not too surprisingly because I never heard of hotcakes being big sellers and thus giving rise to the expression.

Waffles, maybe, but not hotcakes. Crepes, maybe, but not hotcakes, although, now that I think about it, it's been a long time since I had hotcakes, and maybe I'm being hasty in my rush to judgment!

So there I am, trying not to think about hotcakes and how hungry I am, or how some hotcakes would really hit the spot right now, maybe with a side of bacon, various syrups and toppings with a cup of coffee, when I suddenly remember that he said that he is selling no gold! Huh?

So I suspiciously ask him, "Why not?" and he says that when people come into his shop and want to buy gold, he tells them that he doesn't have any gold to sell them because there is no gold for him to buy to turn around and sell to them, and that is why he told me that he sells no gold."

Full article by The Mogambo Guru at
    http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_08/daughty040809.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.