PLS 3.17% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

Hey Bod, I may be able to offer some guidance on lithium...

1. 362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Hey Bod,

I may be able to offer some guidance on lithium batteries on aircraft as I work in the aviation industry.

As it stands, lithium batteries are classed as a dangerous good and spares may be carried on your person. Not in your check in baggage.

As for lithium batteries as a technology in aircraft. You may remember a couple of years back there were dramas regarding the 787-8 aircraft and instances of thermal runaway. This is where a battery uncontrollably heats. It is a very dangerous situation. Thus why the Japanese regulator and the FAAA grounded the 787 for a period and issued Boeing with a directive to sort the issue out.
    Further to this, there was a cargo aircraft who was transporting lithium batteries. They were packed incorrectly and burnt a hole in the side of the fuselage. Luckily prior to departure.

I personally think lithium on aircraft is the way forward. The older technology aircraft rely on heavy generators that run off engine power, the 787 and to my knowledge the new A350, use battery technology because it is more efficient and saves weight without going into too much detail.
    I wouldn't be worried about what the regulator in the states thinks.

IMO PLS is a great opportunity. I have invested in it as part of my portfolio from the early 20s and see it as a long term hold.

Hope that helps mate

NF

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.