EXT 12.5% 0.9¢ excite technology services ltd

Aidan Byrne, professor of physics at ANU, was just on ABC 24...

1. 149 Posts.
    Aidan Byrne, professor of physics at ANU, was just on ABC 24 hour news. He made the point that the reactors were turned off 3 days ago and have been steadily cooling since then, and so the exposure of the fuel rods now is less severe than if they were exposed while the reactor was operating. He also said that there is now no discussion of reactor 1 (the first to incur a hydrogen explosion) because it is now under control, as is reactor 3, and that hopefully it will be the same story with reactor 2. He also made the point that the explosions have been hydrogen explosions not nuclear explosions. I guess that is obvious, but it is good to say it just the same. These hydrogen explosions occur because the exposed rods separate water into its components ? hydrogen and oxygen. He emphasised radioactive releases have been transitory and that none of the containment vessels have been breeched.

I wish they had more experts like Byrne covering this event, rather than journalists interviewing journalists or politicians.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $13.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.9¢ 0.6¢ $75.60K 9.052M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1075739 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 1024534 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.