No more Muslim immigration - Must stop it Peter Dutton, page-228

1. 18,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    life and civilisations seem to go in cycles and people either learn and adapt despite misgivings or they perish in one way or another

at present much of the west seem ms to be stuck in a pattern of “anything goes” Trouble for the west is not everyone is in that space with the east being sharply authoritarian, and russia not wildly dissimilar

the Middle East is another matter. They are in general authoritarian, hereditary and religious states drawing their laws from their religion. Israel is the exception - but let’s not go there in this post

the west has curtailed its population growth through births and thus built a reliance on immigration for labour and economic demand (because we think growth is good). But much of that immigrant population does not exercise the same birth control measures even if they want to be upwardly mobile. Add humanitarian interests into the mix and you have - well what we have. So I am always torn between my desire to be generous and tolerant and my realisation that I’m ok as long as immigrants are happy to largely adapt to our culture and not impose on us the things they wanted to leave behind, or those elements of their culture that are in sharp and potentially unhappy conflict with our own. If they aren’t prepared to do that then I have a problem

I know the vast bulk of immigrants do adapt. It’s the ones who don’t that have the potential to totally disrupt us. And yes I know that there are some extraordinary contributions from immigrants and we are lucky to have them and yes I know that many first and second generation immigrants work their butts off to achieve what they might never achieve in the country of birth.

so why am I worried ? Because I don’t like unrest. I don’t like ** and I sure as hell don’t approve of sharia law. I am opposed to any fundamentalist view of the world - Christian or Islam or any authoritarian government. And I don’t like tolerance that places individual rights of minority interests over community (even though I don’t like oppressive asumptive and discriminatory behaviours towards minorities )

what makes no sense really is solving one problem and creating others.

in the end humans are wired for connection and are tribal You don’t try to change that and allow a breakdown in connection without consequences

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.