GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

The relevant wording in the explanatory notes to Resolution 7 in...

1. 24 Posts.
    The relevant wording in the explanatory notes to Resolution 7 in the Notice of General Meeting from 19 September 2012 is:

"For the purposes of Listing Rule 7.3, the following information is provided to Shareholders:
    (b) The New Convertible Notes will be allotted and issued no later than 3 months after the date of this general meeting, unless otherwise extended by way of ASX granting a waiver to the Listing Rules."

As a solicitor, I would consider that the normal legal interpretation of this wording, which is consistent with the current wording of LR7.3, would be to exclude the date of the meeting - so that the notes may be issued up to and including 19th December 2012 (and probably up to midnight on the 19th in the relevant jurisdiction). In this regard, I would consider that the formal resolutions and materials before the GM and the LRs would have greater legal force than any contrary representation in a press release about the meeting.
    Apologies for being a damp squib - but well spotted !!.
    This comment is not legal advice and should not be acted upon without seeking your own legal opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.