LYC 0.50% $6.02 lynas rare earths limited

no need to debate, page-3

1. 872 Posts.
    Malaysia's main newspapers are owned by the government and political parties in the ruling coalition.[212] The major opposition parties also have their own newspapers.[213] Besides Malay newspapers, there are large circulation of English, Chinese and Tamil dailies.[214] The media has been blamed for increasing tension between Indonesia and Malaysia, and giving Malaysians a bad image of Indonesians.[215] In addition, there is a divide between the media in the two halves of the country. Peninsular-based media gives low priority to news from the East, and often treats them as colonies of the Peninsula.[214]

The regulated freedom of the press has been criticised, and it has been claimed that the government threatens journalists with reduced employment opportunities and denial of family admittance to universities.[216] The government has previously tried to crack down on opposition papers before elections when they were unsure of their political situation.[213] In 2007, a government agency issued a directive to all private television and radio stations to refrain from broadcasting speeches made by opposition leaders,[217] a move condemned by politicians from the opposition Democratic Action Party.[218] Sabah, where only one tabloid is not independent of government control, has the freest press in Malaysia.[214] Legislation such as the Printing Presses and Publications Act have also been cited as curtailing freedom of expression
    lei88,
    Im the one who suggested the debate..im not a malaysian so i cant argue with you that it could be deemed naive.
    However we all have different views on how to handle conflict.
    If there is no dialogue..communication..you have the Stone age.We have all advanced in history through communication.
    You see IMO you give ignorance too much credit,that its so powerfull that it cannot be penertrated.
    I believe that as communication has advanced,body language,whats said,how its said,eventually gets through the smoke screen..as to WHY it is being said.
    bit like a baby that wont stop crying..to stop it,you have to find out ..why.
    You are 100% correct that with Malaysia..its a very complex country in all those things you mention,politic,religion,race,lots of different agendas etc.
    If your going to debate something..rule 1 is get home ground advantage.
    As already pointed out going on a malaysian forum is like a hornets nest.
    Rule 2 ..break up a mob by culling out a few.
    im interested in what they are saying,but would like to get to the bottom..why they are saying it.
    IMO these protests have real racial undertones .Malaysia does not recognise Israel and backs Palistine.
    That example to me would highlight this scenario..If Israel were to open up a project..no matter what it was..protests would be held.
    So in summary..thats why the invitation..whats the undercurrent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.