BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

no news is good news, page-2

1. 392 Posts.
    Hi Sassy42, (and all others on the BTA thread)

No I am not you stalking, honest:).

I heard on the radio and tv yesterday about expectations about the next round of swine flu in Australia during 2010 and that we all should get out and get vaccinated. There was also a comment on the tv that the Oz Govt still has about 60% of their holding from last year. I also heard about the sales in US & Europe and that royalties payment looks real nice. All this talk about the flu has me interested in doing some research on BTA before I decide to buy some on Monday.

My questions are;

1. Is all the hype about getting everyone vaccinated because the Govt want to clear some stock? If this is the case, are they likely to fill the cupboard back up, or only place a small order, so reduced sales moving forward?

2. Is the flu really that bad that this will be ongoing income? I don't know of anyone who got a real bad cold last year. I know of a lot of people who got the flu and were told it was the swine flu, but they were also told everyone who got the flu last year was told that, the ones that had the flu reckoned it was no worse than normal.

3. Who are the competitors in the vaccine market? I thought that CSL made all the vaccine for H1N1, so I might have learnt something new that BTA are behind a lot of it through GSK.

4. What is the expected EPS from the royalty cheque from GSK?

5. Do BTA have other products that they are selling? If they are a one product company it limits their earning capacity and exposes them when the market slows or a better product comes onto the market.

6. Anyone fathom to guess what the future holds and where the growth will be for BTA?

This should do for now and many thanks in advance, Mop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.