LYC 0.17% $6.05 lynas rare earths limited

I fear that I labor the point but a key part of an investment...

1. 168 Posts.
    I fear that I labor the point but a key part of an investment decision must be management of the company. In a bull market management gets away with a lot, to the extent that I have colleagues who will invest in the company with the "biggest crooks" at the helm - because they know they will spruik the shares which will then go up. In a bear market management is subject to greater scrutiny.

Curtis left Sino Gold about 3 years back - I could look up the exact date - at about the time Sino was just starting to emerge as a cashed up gold producer with some excellent properties in China. I asked myself at the time, why would someone step down from a company you have been involved with for a number of years just when it is starting to emerge as a recognised stock with strong cashflows.

Of course the official reason will be to pursue other interests, but the cynic in me suggests that there are other reasons, that may go to capability and influence, and hence would query whether the curtis track record at Sino is so wonderful as well?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $5.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.05 $6.08 $6.03 $35.68M 5.875M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 34152 $6.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.06 9172 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.