LTR 2.16% 90.5¢ liontown resources limited

This is a reply to Siva108's previous post. I've tried to make a...

1. 295 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    This is a reply to Siva108's previous post. I've tried to make a direct reply but the system got blocked.

I’m invested in this project and am confident in the values of our company. They are spending a lot of money to remain on track and in time to commence delivering SC. But ramping up is complicated at every mine and the unexpected often happens.
    Regarding timetables, we may watch Mt. Holland mine ramping up. Each mine has its own and specific processing issues, but it’s our closest peer by development stage and resource size (94 Mt at 1.5 % LiO2 before been purchased by Wesfarmers). According to Wesfarmers last financial report (briefing, page 35), Mt. Holland has started ramping up in 1H FY2024 (=2H CY2023), and they expect the first SC available for sale this 1H CY2024. That means about 6 months from commissioning to delivering of first shipment. If LTR goes through a similar timetable it might start shipping SC before the end of the year. If anything goes wrong, that could delay deliveries. Any producer/seller will show confidence about meeting expectations, but any buyer might show worries if it needs the agreed supply in time.
    Very probably the visit has given LG evidence of LTR commitment to remain on track. And who knows, LG could have agreed to financially support their strategic supplier so they can receive their so wanted white gold with no delay.
    Anyway, even if it’s normal for LG as a buyer to be worried, it would be weird and counterproductive to their interest to say it publicy or leak through the media if they really care about their supplier. It would weaken their supplier's position and that could unnecessarily increase the risk that they could not supply the needed goods in time, but also would weaken LG's position when going to the market for a substitute to the failed supply.
    So the information given by that analyst was just a guess not supported by LG statements. And like @8horse has pointed out, that guess was thrown before LG recent visit to Kathleen Valley. LG has given no news after the visit, so no worries are stated from them.

Last edited by Lurra: 17/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $2.194B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 93.5¢ 89.0¢ $26.09M 28.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 472933 90.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.5¢ 446423 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.