ADH 1.66% $1.84 adairs limited

I was reflecting yesterday and suddenly I realized I could have...

1. 143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I was reflecting yesterday and suddenly I realized I could have applied this concept to Amazon a few years ago when I first read it. I forgot whether it is a book or an article. Peter Lynch also covered this in his book talking about companies in super competitive industries.

The question always is, would I still buy Amazon a few years ago had I known this concept could be applied to it? The answer is probably still no. Another example would be Nvidia. I know nothing about the technology, but I do know it is virtually a monopoly and the technology curve has been less steep, meaning the company can spend less on R&D and raise price. And it sure did with the latest gen GPUs. Despite knowing this all along, I still did not buy a single share. Is value investing a curse or blessing? Or it has become a cage for us?

That leads me to another topic. Why we are investing? Are we doing it to have fun, to have maximum return and to have a sense of achievement? Or do we just want to be safe, buying 1 dollar for 50 cents or less and achieving financial freedom safely but slowly without any excitement? But adopting later, we are likely to have less volatility, but we miss a lot of fun, a lot of opportunities to DARE ourselves and to LEARN.

One of the solutions might be opening another account to test all your crazy ideas. But for me, it is still hard to swallow that volatility even with small amount of money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.84
Change
0.030(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $321.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.82 $1.87 $1.82 $706.6K 385.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12134 $1.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.84 11551 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.