Yes, it is amazing how if we have to pay a few cents when we...

1. 28,509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Yes, it is amazing how if we have to pay a few cents when we once got things for "free", we get spurred into action and become innovative.

I now feel ashamed that I didn't actually take my plastic single-use bags with me when I so often wondered what to do with the mounting pile of them in the base of my pantry. Now I have packed them into my jeeps. Yes, plural. I have jeeps parked in my garage, much the same as a parking lot. Different sizes, for different requirements. My gigantic one one of the two inherited from the previous generation from me. My mother used to have a row of "single-use" bags pegged out on her clothes line. She washed them regularly and re-used them often. The Great Depression left her with very long retained habits. Didn't matter how much we chuckled at her, she continued..... something I now greatly admire. The conviction of her frugal habits.

What a pity we can't learn from Singapore. Maybe we need ads on the TV showing us the oceans and the damage caused to the fish....just as we have ads about the damage of smoking to humans, based on their shock value for spurring us on to action.

I, too, was puzzled about this new phrase "single use" plastic bags. Good post, Cazzex.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.