No Plastic, page-37

1. 1,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Off topic sure but when the government did that free fluoro lightbulb and shower head change years ago I had 138 bulbs changed and two shower heads that were similar to what I had.I was renting anyway.

A week later another group knocked on the door and I was shocked as to why and maybe there was some confusion.
    They actually said their fluoro bulbs were more green than the other company and offered to replace all my new fluoro bulbs again and throw them out.
    It was about credits and they were getting paid to do it so no one really cared.
    That was the beginning of the end for me and a lightbulb moment so to speak with this green movement and with many claims the saving are often far less than claimed with just about everything you read.So much is just smokes and mirrors so you cannot believe all the claims as there is always a vested interest.
    And being in an old house many bubs only lasted a few months so in reality they were probably more damaging for the environment.

Also the original guy who changed the bulbs let me keep all the normal bulbs.Haha! That was Rudd's dudd policy for you but this silly stuff still happens today.

LED I am unsure exactly but they do seem to have far less parts and chemicals so probably offer a genuine saving somewhere.
    I certainly don"t buy them here though.I bought all mine on Ebay from China and they were about $1.80 each instead of the $6-$10 in the shop.I have had them two years now and not a single one has blown yet.
    Last edited by Starline: 22/06/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.