LKE 2.56% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

No Production Until 2027...... If Ever, page-178

1. 657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    @Joannie, I too am sorry to hear of your troubles. For what it's worth, I believe that the fundamentals have changed. Every SH will need to make their own call obviously, based upon their personal circumstances.

The timeframes (which have never been a strong suit of LKE) are looking to be significantly delayed. A lot of investors would have been operating in a market informed by prior management that clearly over-promised on timeframes and under played project risks. LKE has gone from what could have been considered a near term producer with significant output (targets) to a company which may not be producing significant quantities until later this decade. This is the crux of the current crisis of confidence. And this is not forgetting all of the risks associated with the "firsts" this company is looking to achieve with getting the resource out of the lake/ ground and into the market.

So your investment horizons and your ongoing faith in LKE/ Lilac delivering will most likely determine what you do with this stock. There is an opportunity cost in holding, but as mentioned above, a loss only becomes a loss when you sell (and you also don't have access to any upside should they achieve their stated ambitions). You also need to ask yourself if the macro environment for Li has changed? If that too has changed, then how does that impact your investment?

There have been some very good contributions from a number of posters (both for and against backing the company at various price points), but unfortunately, there is also a lot of noise, with players, playing the player rather than the stock and the nuggets informing an investment case get lost easily.

As an investor we should all be trading on the ASX in an informed market. At the moment IMO, I don't believe we are. LKE's management have been very quiet around the timeframes and status of a number of critical path items. There are hard/ valid questions being asked by a number of posters in this forum that we are all awaiting answers on. The company is required to continuously disclose to the market any sensitive information. Given that timeframes were previously communicated and deliverables committed to, one would think the company would go out of their way to inform the market and their SHs as to what is going on at present. There is now a vacuum that just gets filled with more questions and suppositions, feeding market uncertainty.

The next update around timeframes and progress (assuming that this isn't delayed), is going to be crucial as to where the SP heads in the short to mid term.

There are also clearly questions to be asked in relation to the overly exuberant announcements made last year, which a number of investors would have relied upon in their investment analysis. But that's another post entirely...

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.