LYC 0.17% $6.05 lynas rare earths limited

Hi everyoneI was travelling on SQ flight on 12th March when this...

1. 166 Posts.
    Hi everyone

I was travelling on SQ flight on 12th March when this appears on World Regional section of The STRAITS Times (For those uninitiated, The Straits Times is Singaporean based, unlike New Straits Times/NST which is Malaysian based).

The heading on page B6 reads: "Assie firm allays fears over rare earth plant in Kuantan".

I just want to mention the heading, and the source so that any discerning individual can check this up.

Not downramping/up ramping - just presenting the facts.

The main concern is due to fears about an incident in a defunct plant in Perak, which resulted in carcinogenic incidences of illnesses, culminating in plant closure.

Hence, whilst the ASX reports are glossy and nice, the fact is if a plant , any industrial plant lands on your door step, with some other plant causing disasters not like 500 years ago, any decent population will stand up and MAKE NOISE.

They are humans too - disorganize, organize? the world is too small a place for us NOT to know a bit about what other newspaper says. At least that fills the gap about our knowledge cumulation as we're all vested in LYC anyway.

According the news article, LYC did mention that they will set aside 1 percent of their income, to be paid to the Malaysian government in case incidences happen.

The crux of the matter is - activists seems to not have strong faith in the governing authorities to do anything after the sour taste left behind by previous radiation-related negative incidences/occurences.

The article quoted above is by Hazlin Hassan, Malaysian correspondent for The Straits Times, B6/World/Regional segment, 11th March 2011.

all the best in investing,

Agathos, Perth.

ps - I have posted that I will sell off all my LYC shares should the company be shoddy about their policies on waste.

I am an ex Malaysian OZ and I love my ex country mates too. I don't want anyone to be harmed, & as much as I want to make money (i've posted in LYC HC forum elsewhere) , I am NOT willing to risk profit over health of individuals.

green development the way to go
    Treat others the way we want to be treated

(Just my personal observations/purely personal opinion that won't get thumbs up, but would say it anyway).

agathos, Perth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $5.655B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.00 $6.10 $5.97 $26.46M 4.378M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 849 $6.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 10260 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.