No purgatory for thief on cross, page-5

1. 5,403 Posts.
    Those that have translated the above text obviously put the comma in the wrong place. Jesus was in the Grave for 3 days. Then he spent another 40 days here on earth before ascending to heaven.

(Luke 23:43) And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

The only paradise the criminal on the stake will be going to is a beautiful paradise earth

For heaven sake MrG use the brains God gave you, don’t just parrot what’s on JW.org.

This is nothing but bible manipulation by the watchtower to fit things into their doctrine.

Using your logic, the bible says “today”, that’s 2000 years ago when Jesus was on the cross, for your information in case you can’t figure it out for yourself.

Paradise earth hasn’t been established yet as of today, so now you have to throw “today” out of the bible
    Jesus said I’m going to the Father; the Father is not on earth.

Even by the flawed JW straws of 1914, you say Jesus started ruling on earth then doesn’t that mean for 2000 years he wasn’t here on earth, again we have to throw “today” out of the bible.

I can keep going on and on, but it’s not going to make any differenced as you are conditioned to brush off anything not coming from the watchtower.

But I do say, use your brains not what is pushed by the watchtower.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.