PEN 6.00% 9.4¢ peninsula energy limited

G'day vintage,This article is good thx. That said, the 'win:win'...

1. 606 Posts.
    G'day vintage,

This article is good thx. That said, the 'win:win' of making negative announcements at times when it is expected by your shareholders (for a 'blue chip', for lack of a better word but by way of noting difference b/w cameco and pen as a junior) gives almost no downside for Tim as well as rationalizing any downsizing/cost cutting.

In short...I don't see much in this except for responsible management and prudent communication. Axing staff while you say the turnaround is "3 months away" clearly isn't going to work with unions and shareholder expectations. (Btw...that's not me saying the turnaround s 3 months away, just as a contrast.)

As opposed to ceo's of speccies/jnrs, you'd note that larger co ceo's tend to moderate at every opportunity to get board and shareholder expectations away from continual double digit growth (in extreme cases) and in this case:

A) keep his job for short term and justify any cost cutting
    B) make himself look like a legend if turnaround occurs

On another note, the cynic in me suggests that Abe's government in Japan will not (actually) want restart reactors until after the summer peak demand. A terrible way to look at it of course, but note that this is first summer with no nukes and the lack of this might just finally push pragmatism over idealism in the Japanese electorate. That gives nukes more of a clear run for start ups (with shrill activists having little sway) rather than expected antagonism after every restart!?

Just a thought if one has a political bent....

See article today (probably already up by the time I punch this out):

Nuclear free Japan faces summer power crunch in heartland.

Japan’s industrial heartland in the west is facing the prospect of electricity shortages over the summer, underscoring the risks that the absence of nuclear power pose to the world’s third-largest economy.

http://bloom.bg/1oP97zp

Cheers

Gav

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.4¢
Change
-0.006(6.00%)
Mkt cap ! $299.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 9.8¢ 9.0¢ $3.839M 40.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2740 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 315192 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.