Well, they can't really come out and say the sky is falling in...

1. 102 Posts.
    Well, they can't really come out and say the sky is falling in and we are doomed. Actually....

In the depression, Rosevelt came out and made the famous "We have nothing to fear except fear itself" speech.

Fast forward to 2008, as George W Bush makes the following comment:

"At first, I thought we could deal with the problem one issue at a time. The house of cards was much bigger and
    started to stretch beyond Wall Street. When one card started to go, we worried about the whole deck going down."

That's right, George W referred to the financial system as a house of cards but rest assured, W and the boys are on the mission.

Bernanke and Paulson pulled an all nighter scrawling out a 3 page bailout plan. Unfortunately, Congress thought it was a little scant on details, so Bush gave a speech that I call the "We have everything to fear as well as fear itself" speech. Here is how it starts out:

"We've seen triple-digit swings in the stock market. Major financial institutions have teetered on the edge of collapse, and some have failed. As uncertainty has grown, many banks have restricted lending, credit markets have frozen, and families and businesses have found it harder to borrow money.

We're in the midst of a serious financial crisis...."

If this wasn't so serious, it would be absolutely comical. Anyone that thinks the great depression occurred because we had stupid people at the helm who bungled everything from the get go and this time things will be different had better start paying some attention to the fools running the show at the moment. I quiet seriously don't think we have seen a bigger bunch of clowns in modern history.

At least Rudd tried to be positive I guess.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.