ALK 4.55% 52.5¢ alkane resources limited

no recognition of how advanced alkane is!!?

1. 1,398 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Now I find this really interesting
    Link

http://treo.typepad.com/raremetalblog/2010/03/news-avalon-announces-hydrometallurgical-process-successfully-developed-for-its-nechalacho-ree-depos.html
    Extract

"After mineral concentrate production, the next step is mineral cracking, which involves breaking down the rare metal bearing minerals. Avalon has tested a number of methods and has settled on a two-stage process of sulphuric acid bake followed by caustic crack of the residue as the most technically and cost-effective methodology for this particular suite of REE-bearing minerals. This method results in approximately 90-95% of the rare metals being brought into solution. Avalon has completed numerous experiments at SGS that confirm that the route defined operates effectively and provides the basis for preliminary estimation of capital and operating costs. Further optimization of the process will continue over the balance of the year".

Way out of my depth here ---but if I read the process developed by Alkane /Ansto in the DZP , and from the recent Presentations , then :
    > we have a process of filtration
    > we have a process that segregates zirconium/niobiom / light rare earths and heavy rare earths ( latter still being refined)
    > we have a scaled up Demo Plant that already produces bulk quantities , undergoing rigorous testing as to commercial acceptance pre the "full Monty" after the updated Market Feasibility .

One day --the market is going to realise that Alkane is the real deal .
    No recognition for where Zirconium , Niobium , Yytrium and Neodymium is headed in world demand .

Patience ---kick starter might be McpHILLAMYS gold , or Wyoming / Caloma , but surprise packet is still Dubbo Zirconium /Rare Earths .
    cheers --to the faithful who bother reading

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.5¢
Change
-0.025(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $316.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.0¢ 53.5¢ 52.5¢ $388.9K 735.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 144343 52.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.5¢ 94773 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.