PAA 4.17% 17.3¢ pharmaust limited

no risk from Novartis IMO, page-3

1. 613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    Further to your comments Captain Goodvybes, below is an extract from an article on Wholesale Investor I read earlier this year...

(full article http://www.wholesaleinvestor.com.au...il&utm_term=0_559b4164fc-d289464859-414407821)

Accidental Discovery, Strategic Opportunity
    86 years ago, Alexander Fleming stumbled upon a wonder drug that would advance mankind forever. The discovery of an anti-bacterial mould that led to the breakthrough agent Penicillin. In the same vein, Professor David Morris, a highly regarded cancer surgeon at St George Hospital, Sydney stumbled onto something where he least expected it
    “While on working on my farm I gave an anti-parasitic drug to some sheep. As the drug was well received there was plenty of the drug leftover. I took some into the lab for analysis and the findings were quite staggering. Its ability to destroy tumour cells demonstrated it would be a viable anti-cancer treatment. Seeing this first hand makes me quietly confident that results in animals and our forthcoming human trial will support these findings.”

My understanding is that following the above, Prof Morris and Dr Aston put patents down on PPL-1 aka Monopantel aka Zolvix in the use for treatment of cancer. Then they called Novartis who owned the drug for use in animals treating parasites and let them know it could be used to treat cancer. Novartis gave them a “Research and Option Agreement" and introduced them to the unknown Japanese Company who have the rights to the human use of the drug.

So essentially we have two agreements with two MASSIVE pharmaceutical players. Novartis in Switzerland on the animal side and an undisclosed company in Japan on the human side.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.3¢
Change
-0.008(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $83.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.3¢ $59.77K 338.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 376984 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 25091 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.