MGO 0.00% 14.0¢ marengo mining limited

no rush for mgo.

1. 1,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I have to admit I have been a little impatient waiting for the DFS and what not, but I've been researching developing countries as of late, particularly China and I feel like I've gained a little bit better of an understanding and appreciation of what China are undergoing right now.

China have been growing at ~10% for the past 20 years... it's a bit like the Industrial Revolution experienced over 100 years, only with the knowledge and technological advances we've made since then, this allows China to increase their productivity and grow on an unprecedented scale never seen before.

A lot of people are betting on China's "bubble bursting", etc. but people have been betting against China for the past 20 years and have gotten in wrong and continue to get it wrong today. The savings rate of their GDP is incredibly high, up around 35%. What other country in the world saves that kind of percentage of their GDP? Certainly not America, Europe, or even us here in Australia since our Government are aiming to put the budget back in surplus which would account for less than 1% of GDP, LOL!

Where would you rather put your money, in a county who's Government can't even afford to pay their debt, or a country who's Government actually funds an incredible amount of infrastructure building while saving a fair chunk of their GDP? Like Jim Rogers said, I'd rather have my money in China than America, hands down!

China's urbanisation process has a long way to go... we are talking another 15-20 years, what's 6-18 months working on the DFS that doesn't delay the construction of the mine?

The long-term fundamentals for copper are so incredibly strong - China is set to build 200+ cities over the next 15 years with 1+ million people in them which means a LOT of wiring is required, it's almost like building the entire USA all over again. The scale of what China are set to build is so incredibly large we probably don't even come anywhere close to conceiving how big it is in our heads.

The long term fundamentals for copper are so strong and sit very well for us. Since we know first hand how time consuming and complex it is to get a copper mine up and running, the market is hardly going to be flooded with new copper supply over the next few years... we all know about the falling grades at the world's biggest copper mines, so that can only mean one thing for the price of copper long term as demand increases.

Be patient and remember that everything seems to be lining up for us with MGO:

- Massive resource base, which is only going to get bigger
    - Great management team
    - Fixed price agreement for construction of the mine
    - Financing funded for the construction of our mine
    - PNG Government on board which reduces the element of "sovereign risk" and cuts through any bureaucratic red tape

I honestly can't see any significant hurdles that MGO have to overcome, we just have to put these in the bottom draw and be patient while we forget about them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.