SBM 6.67% 24.0¢ st barbara limited

Gee Black, I've just read this thread of posts and it strikes...

1. 1,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Gee Black, I've just read this thread of posts and it strikes me, with such a large parcel of shares, you should have sold part of them when SBM fell of the cliff on the 24th april, because it was obvious then that this would be a protracted fall ... and any trader knows, in a situation like that, where a shock event (like the slightly disappointing report and falling gold price)precipitates a fall, you liquidate at least a part of your holding to be able to buy it all back further down.

Now, I know you might say, "Well, I'm an investor, not a trader", but I think anyone who sits and waits in this kind of market is in for a very anxious time ... these markets are intensely precarious for any share ...

The other things is, venting your fear on a group like this does nothing constructive ... at it's worst it only expands ..the problem, perhaps encouraging others to sell, and at it's most benign it's boring to read.

For sure, ask questions, but the notion that something 'shouldn't' be happening is a ridiculous one. Markets are 70% psychological and 30% fundamentals.

So as fearful and greedy as you or any human being is, so too the market is the same. Once you get that simple fact, you have to accept that you can't just buy and hold on fundamentals. You haver to read the charts, and you have to trade, even if it's just defensively.

Sorry about the long post, but ... had something to say ...

Having said al that., SBM is just beginning to look oversold right now ... should see a bounce within the next week or so I think

cheers all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.0¢
Change
0.015(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $196.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 24.0¢ 23.0¢ $865.9K 3.702M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 52553 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 845110 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.