LYC 2.54% $6.13 lynas rare earths limited

no stock held, page-10

1. 18,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    The manipulation of the SP by traders with stocks like LYC is enough to give true investors a meltdown. I doubt that anyone can reasonably dispute that this is not happening.

Personally I believe that the rules are wrong. I believe that anyone wanting to trade should be welcome to do so BUT they should actually buy and sell the stock. They should not be able to trade borrowed stock or use the system as a gambling tool just to place a bet on which way the stock will move. Traders that do that are leeches on the system that add no value to the financial welfare of the company they trade or the country that the company operates within. Overall they are just bleeding the economy. Wherever there is gambling there is corruption.

The system encourages corruption. There is no doubt in my mind that there is at least moral corruption in the system and probably legal corruption. There is share price manipulation without any doubt.

For brokers to make big profits they need big turnover. I'm not a good customer for my brokers. I tend to buy and hold longer that they would like. While I do trade, usually to get "freebies" as I am doing with LYC this week, I tend to let the rubbish manipulation ride past and accept daily large paper gains and losses. I wouldn't even hold Lynas if I wasn't sure in my own mind that it is anything but a very sound investment.

So horses for courses. The traders can take/bleed money from one another.I don't doubt that there are traders that are posting here that have done well from LYC. I also know that there are others that have lost plenty too. We hear about the wins but they dont boast about the losses. It is only the "paper" traders that always buy at the bottom and sell at the top. I'll keep skimming a little from them as they play their mind games and be there for the parties that I'm sure will eventuate.

It amuses me that someone can always post as "no stock held" but be repeatedly making money from the stock. I accept that there are some of the no stock holders make useful contribution as any genuine point of view, even if it is negative, deserves a thumbs up. I get disappointed when I sometimes give a critical post a thumbs up, because its content is factual, yet it does not register because it has thumbs down against it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.