NO such thing as Climate Change?, page-1154

1. 48,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 650
    yep, medical tech and knowledge has advanced extraordinarily over the last 100 years. medications have enabled people to live way beyond the 'natural term' that was in the mid 60s (for men) when I was a lad, to over 80 now. and the same has applied to developing countries.

nutrition has always been a strong concern for me. eating well; healthy food has become more available even as junk food has. some prefer junk food and die earlier due to obesity and the detrimental effects on the immune system. I recall noticing the number of obese people back in the early 80s when Macdonalds first opened it doors in my city (then) and obesity has become and ever increasing problem in many communities all over the planet. I thought at the time, this is the "bovinisation" of the populace. turning people into the cows they eat and having dulling effects on the brain ahashhehe.......

but generally nutrition too has advanced our life expectancy. all this results in ever more rapidly exploding population numbers. yep we passed 8billion people and it won't be getting any less so we have to adapt to our growing population and accept ever more refugees/migrants.

and GW is a human problem. we've caused this and yet it is reversible, unlike population growth. as with the ozone depletion caused by CFC gasses when the world decided at the Montreal meeting, we can act in a concerted manner to address this problem.

acceptance of the reality is where it must start and then we can all act to reduce our own individual emissions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.