IMO, - we need lots of research - which we are doing. But we...

1. 86,648 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    IMO, - we need lots of research - which we are doing. But we need more and in a hurry - maybe AI has come just in time.

If the world needs to relocate hundreds of millions of people - or billions, the problem will be 'time' - relocation of such numbers is a herculean task

we shall see. What we do know is that we just can't cobble together a plan at the last minute - that is just not possible

Australia has a huge problem right now with extreme weather event risks - because if for 'whatever' reason we dislocate people - there's just nowhere for them to go - nowhere to be housed --------- temporarily or permanently -

we could maybe do a tent refugee camp - but, by god, that's not a very good look for more than months.

we shall see.

Some idiot on here a couple of days back suggested that I take in a homeless person and put them in a spare room

people just don't get it ---- where I am - there is no shortage of empty houses and apartments - they're everywhere in the country (I discount the bigger cities - but, in the main of the country - there's an enormous housing surplus)

In Oz - a vastly different animal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.