I've often wondered if there are little people in government -...

1. 87,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I've often wondered if there are little people in government - public service positions who sit around and plan to harm people wilfully - by keeping them addicted to things like tobacco and gambling etc

the conclusion I've come to is - no - that doesn't happen ------------------ UNLESS

they are paid to do so (or take orders from) ------- corrupt people. And then, YES, one can see clear, strong motive for people to purposefully, wilfully put in place policies and overlook many things so that the people who pay - 'get their way'

often one hears 'thanks, I'll take the money, just don't tell me anything, I don't want to know'

One can see corruption all through Aussie society if one walks about with one's eyes open - all levels of government, all industries.

It begins at low levels - like the head chef who only has one vegetable supplier, because the supplier slings the chef a couple of hundred a week or pays for a trip to ??

it goes right up the line to defence contracts, contracts for building hospitals, supplies to departments - we name it --------- it's there.

The tobacco industry - absolutely chock full of payments - under the table, over the table, in your face in many instances - America is a champion of it.

Little people in government - sometimes on the take - certainly building inspector level etc - but, very often ------ little public servants - just do what they are told - by someone above - who is on the take - or is doing what they are told - again, by someone up the line - normally ----------- the buck stops ----- where the buck goes into a wallet
    Last edited by pintohoo: 15/09/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.