''Yes climate since 1850 is irrelevant. '' well, I'm sorry, if...

1. 86,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Yes climate since 1850 is irrelevant. ''

well, I'm sorry, if you think that the developed world isn't far far far more susceptible to the vagaries of climate and extreme weather events - then, there're just not enough crayons and kiddies in the world to explain it to you.

you, once again are on about cause.

I've never been convinced on the 'cause' of climate change - it might be, it might not be

Whilst I'm very suspicious that mankind may well be creating part of the climate change we see -

1. I believe that if we are causing some of it - we might be backing the wrong villain

but, way way way far more importantly -

2. any arguing going round and round in circles takes away from the most important point of it all ---------------------- how to adapt to the actual change that's occurring

to me - we should be engineering for better, cleaner living systems ANYWAY - it is a given

we should be ditching our incredibly shallow, heavily wasteful ways of mass consumerism of totally useless goods - to become not just more responsible in looking after the planet - but, more grown up and developed as a species

meaning what? -------- meaning that if we visit any flea market or bric a brac etc - one sees line after line after line of old total crap for sale - neither use, nor ornament

garbage - rubbish - purchased by fools, stored in cupboards, which are cleaned out by the kids after mum dies - and the rubbish finds it's way to markets - to be sold again to more fools who also load up their bigger houses with tons of more NEW rubbish which is equally of neither use nor ornament.

All of it is harming the planet greatly - AND, for nothing - barring human stupidity.

So we should stop that rot, we should stop the fast fashion, the makeup business, the excess consumerism
    we should stop burning things like coal and oil etc - and replace necessary systems with clean technologies -

all of that to me is a given -------------- REGARDLESS of climate or no climate change.

We owe it as respect to the earth - our only planet, our only home.

But we also have a need - and the need is to survive what the planet throws at us climatically and in the form of extreme weather

yet - all I see is rampant consumerism of unnecessary garbage and useless debates on emissions -------- which in the end - no one is doing much about anyway

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.