Some of the many climate changes that we know of during our...

1. 6,317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1286
    Some of the many climate changes that we know of during our planets lifespan through undisputable geological records of changes in drill cores, also extinction patterns of plant and other organisms species observed through from paleontology studies, occurred relatively abruptly. These changes occurred well before humans arrived on the scene, let alone the industries that humans have created. The climate is ever changing , on both a macro time-scale and micro time scale and this has been the case ad infinitum. The issue I have is why climate change zealots never face up to this. Either they will not acknowledge it ( head in the sand ) or maybe worse still, are not even aware of it which I suspect applies to most. I've lost count of the number of people over the years I've explained this to who had no idea of so called historical "warm periods" and "cold periods" ( including mini ice-ages in extreme cases) that have taken place over the past 50,000 years alone. If we fast forward to just the past 2000 years these climate events of oscillating hot/cold periods with attendant wet/dry periods are well chronicled in the historical records that exist. Unfortunately the zealots tend to focus on the last 10 -20 years or so.... its totally meaningless. How often do we hear in the news that for example, something like "this is the highest temperature recorded since 1970". This begs the blledin obvious follow up question... okay, then, what was it before 1970. Total dumbfounded silence is the usual response I find.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.