BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

no surprise here..i remain quite bullish

1. 235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 73
    Everyone knows I'm biased in my opinion on Black Range. I own a lot of shares, I'm friends with Alex Molyneux who has played an important role in the company in 2013. I speak with Mike Haynes and (occasionally) with a top guy at Ablation Technologies. I've visited Ablation Technologies in Casper, WY (twice). I've been onsite at Taylor/Hansen in CO and spoken with impressive consultants retained by BLR to develop community relations and built local support.

Overall, I believe events are unfolding wonderfully. Of course, I admit there's been delays in getting Ablation's 5tph unit up and running. Still, no red flags in my opinion, the technology appears to work as advertised. Again, I'm biased, I think it definitely will work at commercial scale.

The recent third-party validation of Ablation from the Nigerian company is important and shouldn't be taken lightly. As was SRK signing off on that company's proposed operational flow sheet. This news can be used as a marketing tool to get other African projects to consider Ablation.

There's a lot of sandstone hosted resources in Africa. For example, I believe Peninsula's project in S. Africa, a 50 million lbs resource, might be a good candidate for Ablation.

There are plenty of early-stage ISR projects around the world, mostly sandstone-hosted deposits, that are not economic at the current uranium price. The big picture here is that Ablation should be able to pick off some of these proposed ISR projects and convert them to conventional mining (including borehole mining) + Ablation projects.

Why? ISR projects typically can only operate below the water table. Resource above the water table in any given project area is not extracted. In addition, the permeability of the rock can make recoveries vary over from place to place and over time.

With Ablation, mining both above and below the water table, with less concern about rock permabilities, an operator can extract more resource per acre. Combined with the cost savings that Ablation is expected to offer, many proposed ISR projects are likely to be better off as Ablation projects.

There are multiple ways in which BLR stock could takeoff next year. Contracts signed to use (or trial) Ablation units, favorable dealings with U.S. State agencies and the NRC, a higher uranium price!, stockpile Ablating revenues, further third-party endorsements of our technology and progress towards permitting Taylor/Hansen.

I think the first quarter of 2014 could be quite exciting for junior natural resource stocks in general. The most oversold juniors that still have solid prospects and financial backing could stage strong rebounds. Uranium, potash and gold juniors are among the worst hit.

Not many uranium juniors have any chance at all of revenue next year, nor a potentially large technology play as a kicker....nor 100 million pounds of uranium resource or a conventional uranium mill re-development project.

Things always take longer than hoped for, but once things start happening, this story could get de-risked rapidly. At least I hope so!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.