SLX 4.28% $4.25 silex systems limited

No Tea Leaves

1. 486 Posts.
    I had not planned on interacting here again; but with all of the conjecture and theories popping up,,,,,,
    Below you will find, what I believe is the reason for, `no word from GLE or DoE’ regarding Wilmington or Paducah Laser Enrichment Sites.
    Unless a settlement is reached and/or agreed upon between DoE and Converdyn, prior to May 8, 2015, investors will have to wait until said date before hearing/seeing news and/or progress reports.
    IMO, whatever the outcome, (of the proceedings below); that is to say, whatever quotas and/or quantities are agreed upon regarding the sale of uranium by DoE, the restrictions, (if any) will be relaxed when the demand for uranium increases. Judging from the progress being made on the `restart’ of the Japanese nuclear plants, supply/demand of and for uranium is going to increase within the next 12 months – As I said, IMO.
    One thing more, as long as I am giving `my opinion’; I believe GLE will be building both plants, (Wilmington and Paducah) once negotiations with DoE have been finalized. It appears to me that DoE will be selling a great deal of its uranium, (due to GLE negotiations) to an enrichment plant that can process it; that would be GLE’s Wilmington Enrichment Plant. Additionally, I believe GLE will apply for and receive guaranteed loans from DoE for construction of both planned Enrichment Plants.
    I may as well give`1 more’ opinion, actually just a thought; I believe we should expect to see, (in the not-to-distant future) plans from the GLE engineer’s drawing boards, for a portable and/or quick-build processing plant. Such a plant would and could address some of the `smaller’ clean-up issues that exist – And perhaps with proven success, said enrichment applications might be deployed outside US borders.

CONVERDYN v. ERNEST J. MONIZ and UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
    (Re: adverse material impact on the domestic uranium mining, conversion, and enrichment industry)
    Column 1 Column 2
    0 RFC Case Number:
    1:2014cv01012
    1 File Date:
    Friday, June 13, 2014
    2 Plaintiff:
    CONVERDYN

http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/...ited-states-department-of-energy/docket-text/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Court denies preliminary injunction to halt uranium barter
    Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 3:52 pm --- Updated: 6:37 pm, Fri Aug 1, 2014
    “On Tuesday, a U.S. District Court Judge did not grant a preliminary injunction against the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) that would have immediately halted uranium barter transactions,”

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_f7572cd9-477f-5c4a-8ea9-05fbdba716c6.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Case 1:14-cv-01012-RBW Document 42 Filed 09/12/14 Page 1 of 27

http://theupa.org/_resources/news/nr_2014_09_12.pdf
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U.S. Can Move Excess Uranium to Market
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014
    “Although U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton found that ConverDyn, the nation's only domestic provider of uranium conversion services, would likely prevail on one of numerous claims it made against the U.S Department of Energy, that wasn't enough for it to be granted the preliminary injunction it sought, he said.”

“He (U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton) then moved on to discuss ConverDyn's other claims, rejecting most of them, but also finding the Energy Department erred by failing to explain how evidence from ConverDyn demonstrating how the proposed transfers would hurt it financially did not constitute adverse material impact.
    ‘The Department's analysis on this point may be correct, but it is the answer to the wrong question,’ Walton wrote. ‘Rather than assessing the evidence to determine whether the planned transfers would have an adverse material impact on the domestic uranium production, conversion, or enrichment industries ... the Department instead reviewed the evidence to determine whether the planned transfers are the primary cause f the current depressed state of the uranium market or whether altering the amount of transfers would alleviate negative market conditions.’
    Since it considered factors it was not intended to consider, its final decision is arbitrary and capricious, according to the ruling.”
    " ’While we were disappointed in the judge's decision to deny a temporary injunction, ConverDyn is confident that it will ultimately prevail in its legal action,’ ConverDyn spokesman Peter Dalpe said in an interview.
    ‘We have now moved the merits phase of the legal action and ConverDyn has filed a motion for summary judgment to stop the unlawful transfers,’ Dalpe said.”

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/09/16/71446.htm
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    0 12/16/2014

ORDER. Per the attached Order, it is hereby ORDERED that the status conference scheduled for December 18, 2014, at 9:30 a.m. is CONTINUED to May 2015, at a particular time and date to be determined by the Clerk. See image for details. Signed by Judge Reggie B. Walton on December 16, 2014. (lcrbw1) (Entered: 12/16/2014)
    1 12/16/2014
    Set/Reset Hearings: Status Conference reset for 5/8/2015 09:45 AM in Courtroom 16 before Judge Reggie B. Walton. (mpt, ) (Entered: 12/16/2014)

http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/...d-united-states-department-of-energy/summary/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.25
Change
-0.190(4.28%)
Mkt cap ! $1.006B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.38 $4.38 $4.22 $1.230M 286.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2660 $4.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.29 2084 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.