No vaccine what happens ?, page-204

1. 46,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    Co-morbidity factors, of course, come into play to make such an infection more likely to be fatal. Yet a cause of death is a cause of death. Without that final cause a person, such as myself or yourself, can live many productive and interesting years. Even a person with a diagnosis of terminal cancer may live many years longer than expected given the right circumstances (I've seen this many times).

As for Aus data, I think the authorities here are probably among the most reliable in the world. The estimated COVID infection rate in Aus is only around 2x higher than reported. Deaths would be likely to be quite accurate but even this figure would not be entirely accurate.

What is certain is that we are extremely fortunate, even those in Vic, because all our Govts have done an excellent job of keeping our infection rate under control... its the community that has stuffed up the Vic control, not Andrews. Our mortality rate is so low due to the excellence of the medical care in Aus and the fact that our hospitals have not (yet) been over-run.

Stay safe mate, Scott.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.