Noah and his Ark, page-966

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "There are more than 4 different views. I would put it to you that none of the people you are quoting are "Christians.""

Yes, no doubt there are more than 4.

As you know, usually I put a word such as "Christians" in quotes. Though in this case I'm pretty sure all the followers of the various versions would regard themselves as true Christians with the others off track to various degrees.
    May I add you to that also ?

IMO, it's not possible to find out from the Bible the authentic indications for living that Jesus actually imparted to his closest disciples, let alone how to carry them out in practice. At best it is a faint echo overlaid with all sorts of other influences and ideas.

Those who only have access to interpretations of the Bible or the NT are missing the practical application and understanding that usually can only be imparted through learning with someone who knows. Just as is the case with any genuine practical craft.
    As far as I can see, as the circle spread wider, this limitation was allowed for by early founders of the "new" religion as they introduced an increasing emphasis on faith and belief in Jesus, atonement, forgiveness for sin, ritual, daily practices, etc, as a substitute for this personal "apprenticeship".

At the same time, serious "adepts" preserved the genuine essence of Jesus' teaching through an unbroken line protected and preserved in various Monastic orders, guilds, crafts and other "external" organisations. Very occasionally even in a parish church, though which one and which parishioners !
    This is an aspect of Esotericism. Anathema to the orthodox of any religion and even more so these days where everyone claims entitlement to no less than Jesus or even God Himself as their personal trainer !

So, to cut a long story short, who is to say what Christianity, in the sense of living as Jesus did, actually consists of ?
    Perhaps you can Pear, but not me, unless of course you front up with sufficient payment to cover expenses and bribes to Satan and his various helpers, specially employed to keep Mankind in the sheep pen.

Experience strongly suggests that though well meaning "Christians" do their best with what they have, which occasionally is beneficial, none of them should feel confident they understand and embody what Jesus actually brought.

Of course, I could be wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.