BWD 0.00% 8.0¢ blackwood corporation limited

Good article by Brian Frith about a potential Yanzhou /...

1. 3,541 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    Good article by Brian Frith about a potential Yanzhou / Gloucester merger.

"Such a merger would provide a means of enabling Yanzhou to satisfy legally enforceable undertakings given to the Australian government to list its Australian activities on the ASX as a condition of foreign investment approval for the $3.3bn acquisition of the coalminer Felix Resources in 2009, while at the same time unlocking the investment of Gloucester's major shareholder, the commodities trader, Noble Group.

That in turn would free Noble to help in the development of other interests, including the iron ore miner Territory Resources, recently acquired by Noble, and coal exploration companies Blackwood and East Energy, in which Noble holds 40 per cent and 30 per cent stakes respectively."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/gloucester-coal-and-chinas-yanzhou-should-make-a-good-fit/story-e6frg9kx-1226227106869

Actually Noble now owns 51% of Blackwood Corp (BWD).

BWD is Noble's global coal asset incubator. My personal belief is that Noble will add a great deal of value to the minority shareholders (like me), either in the long term through bringing deals to BWD, or in the short term, possibly, by buying the entire company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BWD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.